1．do you know the boy _______ under the
a. lay b. lain c. laying d. lying
2. －what do you think of the book?
－oh, excellent. it’s worth ______ a second time.
read b. to be read c. reading d. being reading
3. there was a terrible noise ______ the sudden burst of light.
a. followed b. following c. to be followed d. being followed
4. when he was at school, he ______ early and take a walk before breakfast.
a. will rise b. shall rise c. should rise d. would rise
5. i ______ go to bed until i ______ finished my work.
a. don’t/had b. didn’t/have c. didn’t/had d. don’t/have
6. most of the artists _______ to the party were from south africa.
a. invited b. to invite c. being invited d. had been invited
7. i don’t allow ______ in my office and i don’t allow my family ______ at all.
a. to smoke…smoking b. smoking…to smoke
c. to smoke…to
smoke d. smoking…smoking
8. _____ more attention, the trees could have grown better.
a. given b. to give c. giving d. having given
. european football is played in 80 countries, _____ it the most popular sport in the world.
a. making b. make c. made d. to make
10. he was a good runner so he ______ escape from the police.
a. might b. succeeded to c. would d. was able to
1. d lying是lie的现在分词，在句中作后置定语。
2 c ―it is worth doing‖是固定结构，意思是―干… …是值得的‖。
6 a 分词短语作定语时，应放在被修饰的名词后，相当于一个定语从句：most of the artists who were invited to the party were from south africa.
8 a 分词短语作状语时，其逻辑主语必须与句子的主语一致。该分词的逻辑主语是the trees，与动词give含有动宾关系，因而用过去分词given表示被动，give more attention这个条件状语相当于状语从句if they had been given more attention。
9 a making是现在分词用作状语，表示伴随情况或做补充说明。b和c属语法错误。d项是不定式，可作目的状语，但目的状语前通常不能用逗号。