1.to put someone on the map 一夜成名,变得重要(记忆小助手:过去不重要的小地方在地图上都不显示,变知名后才出现在地图上)

her first exhibition at the tate gallery has put her on the map as a serious modern artist.
她在泰特美术馆的首个展览使她成为一个知名度很高的现代艺术家。
this great tasting food has really put this new restaurant on the map.
这道很棒的菜为这个餐厅带来了很大的知名度。
hosting the olympics has put this city on the map as a great place to come for a holiday.
举办奥运会使这座城市成为知名的假日圣

地。
2.d’s years 很长一段时间(记忆小助手: d’s years 与d’s

ears 谐音,驴的耳朵很长,所以用d’s years表示很长一段时间)

i’m so bored; i’ve been doing this job for d’s years!
我很厌烦,我做这份工作很久了!
i haven’t driven a car for d’s years; i hope i can remember what to do.
我很久没有开车了,希望我能记得怎么开。
3.wet weekend 无聊的人,或者让人扫兴的事情(与周末无关)
that was a wet weekend, my friends were coming to stay but cancelled at the last minute.
真是扫兴。我的朋友本来要来看我,但最后取消了。
my cousin’s a bit of a wet weekend, he’s got no personality and nothing to say.
我表弟有点无聊,他没什么个性,也没什么话。
4.air kiss. 没有嘴唇接触的假亲嘴(类似于我们的“么么”,在欧美社交场合使用比较多,用于见面礼或告别礼,通常碰碰脸颊,并且伴随一个“么么”)
i always feel so awkward at parties. i hate all those air kisses and small talk. urgh, so phoney!
在聚会上我总是感觉尴尬,我讨厌那些“么么”和东拉西扯的闲聊,呃,简直太假了!
charles, so wonderful to see you, mwah! mwah! charles?! no lips, please. let’s stick to air kisses.
查理,很高兴见到你,么么!查理?!请不要用嘴唇,我们做做样子就好了。
woman: so, go on, tell me – did you kiss her?


man: well, i air-kissed her. does that count?
woman:

no it does not!
女人:继续说,告诉我,你亲她了吗?
男人:嗯…我假装亲了她,算吗?
女人:当然不算!
5.cat got your tongue?怎么不说话啦?
what’s the matter? cat got your tongue? i did say we’d use up all our money on the car!
怎么回事?怎么不说话了?我刚说我们买车把钱花光了!
a: has the cat got your tongue? you usually go on about how amazing your boyfriend is.
b: we split up.
a:怎么不说话啦?你经常说你男朋友有多好多好。
b:我们分手了。


阿卡索——你不能错过的在线英语口语教育平台。

发送私信“我想上课”领取限时免费的在线口语外教课程。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注